FOR THE LOVE OF NORMAN ROCKWELL

I remember about 20 years ago I was at an auction in Upstate New York.  There were lots of things that caught my eye that day but for some reason I kept looking at a lot of Norman Rockwell plates. 
There is just something about his work that makes you look at a simple scene and in your head you start imagining a whole story....  
I ended up only getting one plate that day but I still love it!!!!
It is called "A Young Girl's Dream"
I really don't know what the story is about this girl but in my mind I've imagined hundreds of stories about here... Some good... Some sad... Just depends on my mood I guess.......  

So recently I found several Norman Rockwell Counted Cross Stitch pattern books and I listed them for sale on ArtFire.
The next day, I already had a sale......  The pattern was for "The Runaway" - A young boy sitting next to a police officer....  No surprise that it sold so fast because it really is a great pattern.......

The day after that I had another sale...........   This time it was for a book with two patterns:  "Saying Grace" and "Grandpa's Girl"........  Again, no surprise that someone would want to buy this book because again, it was great patterns.......
The part that DID surprise me is that it was not the same buyer.........
There were TWO different people in two different states who bought Norman Rockwell patterns.
Kinda made me smile........  I guess I'm not the only one who loves and appreciates his work.

No comments: