COUNTDOWN TO EASTER - APRIL 3










They say "Dont put all your eggs in one basket" - But what if I want to put all my eggs into my wire chicken basket???? I love this thing. It is probably old as the hills. No clue where I got it but I know I've had it about 20 years and I still love it.

As Easter approaches I'm thinking about painting Easter Eggs. How do you paint yours???
Do you use the stuff they sell in the store - You know - You drop the little tablet in the water and then dunk the eggs. Do you handpaint them??? I have seen some really creative stuff out there over the years but I must admit that I really dont do anything special.

The only thing that I do pretty much every year is that I save my onion skins - Yes, you heard me.... I use onion skins........ Just the outer brown stuff.

You boil the eggs like normal but you throw the onion skins in there with them and the eggs take on a nice brown color. Yeah... Yeah.... Yeah... I am sure you could just start off with buying brown eggs but this is my thing and this is what I do and then I may doodle a little on the eggs but in the end they are still pretty simple.

So anyway....... Back to my little wire chicken. I have been sort of collecting chickens most of my adult life. I guess I probably saw one of those gorgeous chickens in one of those fancy French Country kitchens (in a magazine ofcourse) and have always wanted that kind of look.

Unfortunately my kitchen is still a disaster area but one day....... One day I WILL have a big fancy gourmet kitchen and darn it I will have fancy chickens all over the place.
Fancy chicken PLUS one little wire chicken to hold all my eggs......

No comments: