COUNTDOWN TO EASTER - APRIL 4










And speaking of eggs........
Here are some pictures of three eggs that I will always treasure.

1 - An egg shaped musical snow globe (is it still called a "snow globe" if it's not a winter scene???) My Mother bought this and although it's not one of my favorite things, it is still a keeper.

2 - My Russian Egg. This is actually a wooden egg that has a Russian scene painted on it. It matches a whole series of cups, saucers, plates and spoons that my Mother was collecting. The whole series is on shelves over my fireplace in the livingroom.

3 - This is a real egg. It is has hinged doors that can open or close. When you open it inside you find a little tiny little Cindrella scene which includes a little horse drawn carriage driven by a little mouse. The walls of the egg are hand painted. My Mother and I had been at a craft show and a lady was selling this and a few other eggs. It was over a hundred dollars but I just kept going back looking at it and finally I bought it for my Mother. She thought I was nuts for spending so much on an egg but I know she loved it too.

These pictures definitely do not do these eggs justice. Each one has it's own special charm that my lousy photography could never capture.









.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last egg is amazing. I would be too afraid I would break it, which would crush me not only because it's so beautiful, but also because it cost so much. I'd love to see it in person, though, just as long as I was not near enough to it to have any chance of breaking it.