PROVIDENCETOWN, MASSACHUSSETS

Bob has been telling me that he wanted to take me to Providencetown for years so for my Birthday he decided that we should take a day-trip up there.  We had such a good time. 
First stop was the Pilgrim Monument.  This was the 100th anniversary of the completion of the Monument.
We actually climbed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way to the top.  Acording to their web site ( http://www.pilgrim-monument.org/ )  "The heart-healthy walk to the top on 116 steps and 60 ramps only takes about 10 minutes at a leisurely pace."   Are they kidding me????????  OMG I thought I was going to pass out!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least from the top of the tower I got some really great pictures -  Here are some, plus a picture of the staircase looking down from the top.......  - Uh...  Did I mention I'm scared of heights!!!!






After the Pilgrim Monument we went into the town where there is a strip of all sorts of stores.  It was fun to browse at everything in the stores but actually it was a lot of fun to browse at what was going on outside the stores......  Providencetown is a very popular place for homosexual couples.  There were several shows with men either wearing barely anything or dressed fully in drag.  I tried to get Bob to go see one of the shows but he wasn't going for it.... 
Well, at least I got a couple of pictures..........  LOL















Providencetown is definitely an interesting place.......

No comments: