Cute Valentine's Day Story

When my son was still in day care (he must have been about 5 at the time), they had a "Formal Valentine's Day Dance". He was so handsome - Dressy pants, button down shirt and a TIE....

I went to pick him up after work. We were driving home - Me in the driver's seat, him in the back sitting in his car seat.
So we're driving along and I ask him "How your party" - He said "Good"
I asked him "Did you dance???" - He answered "Yes"
"Who did you dance with??? - "Stephanie Weiss"
"Who else did you dance with??? - "Nobody. Just Stephanie Weiss"

Drive - Stop for stop light - Look at light waiting for it to change when I hear in a little voice coming from the back seat......

"I think I'm in love"

Well, if I wasn't stopped waiting for that light to change I think I would have crashed my car cause I just wanted to grab him and give him such a squeeze cause he is so darn CUTE!!!

Well, he is 14 now - Almost 15.
Poor Stephanie is in the past (Although thank God the teacher had taken a great picture of the two of them holding hands cause I will treasure this story for every)
My son will soon be dating.
Soon will be really telling me he is in love...........

Wait - Stop the clock - Although I cant wait for him to be a grown man and I am sure I will be so proud, I still miss the sound of the sweet little voice..... The cute little things he would say.....
Oh, how I love that kid!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: