I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!



Yes, you heard me - I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!


OMG
I really did not think I would ever say that again.

In fact I have said so many times that I did NOT want to get married again (after two divorces you'd be a little reluctant too.........)

But this man - This wonderful man did not listen to the words I spoke.


He listened to what is in my heart. He understood that although on the outside I was trying to be strong and not let myself get hurt again, on the inside I was hoping, wishing, praying for someone to come along and make me feel SAFE..........

We have been together for four years now (although we've known each other many, many more years than that).

Each day he doesn't just tell me he loves me, he shows me he loves me.

Well, for Valentine's Day he definitely surprised me...........

He had been telling me he was taking me to a restaurant that was going to be "something different" - In fact he said everything about this Valentine's Day was going to be "something different" (Starting with him giving me a plant instead of my usual roses - see previous post)
Well, he really surprised me with the restaurant. It was a Hungarian Restaurant that I had never know existed. I was so happy.
We sat at a corner table and after we ordered, he let me open the package he had brought with him to the restaurant.
It was in a bag with a card. The card was nice as usual. (He always picks good cards)
The present was double wrapped (He said my son helped wrap it......)
So I open it and think - Oh yay - It's a jewelry cleaner - Well, I do have jewelry to clean so I guess that is good but it's way down on my "What I want for Valentine's Day List"....

THEN........
He reaches over the table with the ring and asks "Will you marry me???"


WHAT??????????????????????????

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE??????????????????

I did not know what to do - what to say - How to get my jaw from off the floor.........

Yes, he was asking me to marry him..........

So, yes - YES - YES.........

I'm ENGAGED!!!!

.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

How wonderful! He sounds like a really GREAT guy! Good for you! Best of luck!

WriterGirl said...

congrats girl!!! awesome news!

Amy Birch said...

How exciting, Maria!!! I'm so very happy for you! You're such a sweet person...you deserve a sweet person to spend the rest of your life with!!!

I'm also very happy to see that you are blogging! I've always thought that you are quite an entertaining writer! I look forward to reading more. :)

Lillsisslill said...

I was going to your SIS page to thank you for your sweet comment and I thought I have to look at your blog.....WOW!!! Congrats, I am so happy for you!!! Looking forward to seeing all the wedding stuff that is comming to come to this blog.

Once agian CONGRATS and best of luck to you and your husband to be!:)

Lillyrose