Fireworks - Ossining







We did it - We beat the rain - BARELY.......
Ossining always has great firework. They shoot them off right down by the Hudson River and they usually put on a great show.
I have many options to see these fireworks. The best ofcourse is if I try to battle the mobs down by the river, which really is just down the road from me, but this can be a pain because it's a huge hill to walk or a traffic jam to sit in if I drive.
I can walk a block to the end of my street and watch most of it but then ofcourse I have to miss some because of the houses. I can even poke my head out a window upstairs and see some that way but if I do that then I end up spending all my energy plotting ways to demolish buildings & trees that are in my way..............

Anyway. This year I almost didn't go but at the last minute I decided to take the camera down to the end of the street and got a few pictures. All along trying to think of some of the things that I learned in Karen Russell's photography class.
All about ISO and Apeture and Shutter Speed.........
Oh........ Wait.............
SHE DIDN'T MENTION THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE SURE MY BATTERY WAS FULLY CHARGED!!!
Oh well, I got a few pictures and headed home.
A minute later - IT WAS POURING RAIN......
Glad I didn't walk. :0)

No comments: