Sunflowers For Wishes......














There is a wonderful farm in Griswold, Connecticut called "Buttonwood Farm". Each year they plant acres and acres of sunflowers. For ten days in July they have a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. They sell bouquets of sunflowers for $5 each. They do hayrides through the sunflowers - Also $5 each. And they have the most delicious home-made ice creams.
http://www.sunflowersforwishes.com/index.html

We ate yummy ice cream (some of which I ended up wearing cause it dripped from the bottom of my waffle cone onto my jeans.......) Then we took a hay ride and then I tortured Bob and Bobby by taking a billion pictures.

On the way back to the campground we stopped on the side of the road where I bought fresh picked sweet corn and blueberries. - DELICIOUS........ (And again, I could not resist making Bobby pose for a picture in front of the corn field........... )

2 comments:

halley said...

That's really neat-o! Nice photos by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Great photo op! I have to try to get out there at some point.