Baby Steps - A clean desk


They say that you should have a desk in your home that is free of clutter.
That should have only the items that you need to pay your bills, write a letter, and maybe have one or two sentimental things that truly make you happy.

I started off by cleaning of my new desk. Yes, I'm guilty - I had let the desk pile up because it was a clear, flat surface and perfect to pile stuff on but if you pile stuff on a clear, flat surface - guess what - It's aint clear anymore........

So I took everything off. Some stuff I put in their places and others I just put in a box because if I sit there thinking about every single item, I get nothing accomplished. So I decided FOCUS......... FOCUS ON THE DESK...........
I now only have three things on my desk.
Two glass jars full of buttons (cause I just like them) and my "Daily Scheduler" thingie that I bought ages ago thinking it would be such a great organizational tool. I bought it cheap in the discount section at Staples and had been so excited about using it.......
Now I cant even remember how long it's been collecting dust............
Now I will have it on my desk and I will look at it daily. It has 31 slots for me to put my "TO DO" lists into. It also has a place for a check book & some stamps.
(Now I just have to find a pretty pen holder but for now the top drawer is good enough because I dont want to put anything on there that is not going to stay......)

My first DAILY item: A note for January 31st from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to go to Laura's house for a crop..........
YAY......... I am sooooooo happy.
I was not able to sign up for any crops (cause I'm trying to be a good girl and putting silly things like paying bills before spending money on myself)
Laura sent out an invite. This is PERFECT for me. It is close to home, it is with wonderful friends and it's FREE. Hey, even I can afford that one........

So now to start filling my little daily organizer thingie with the not so fun stuff in life like: "Tax Bills Are Due", "Car payment is due", "Electrical is due", etc.

You know what............
Actually having a place where I can see this stuff in order may make me more "AWARE" about my finances and like I said yesterday - That is definitely one of my goals for the New Year.
I may not become rich anytime soon but at least I will know what I can and can not afford. (Suze Orman would be proud of me..........)

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

Good luck! You can do it!