"FOCUS"


Happy New Year everyone........
It's 2009 - A new year - A fresh new start.
Hey, they even gave us that whole extra second this year to make our New Years Resolutions...... (Yes, they had to add a second to catch up with the way the earth is spining, yadda, yadda, etc - I dont know the details but if you have an extra second - which now you do - you can Google it for yourself...........)

So.........
Did you make your resolutions???????
Do you have all sorts of great plans for the new year??????
Will you quit smoking - lose weight - save money - buy everything your little heart desires??????????
I have soooooooooo many things I would like to do but in reality, I know myself - I am not very good at following through on my wonderful plans. I think the main problem is probably that I feel that if I dont do things overboard they will not be noticed. Then when I do things I fall short of my goals which ofcourse makes me sad which ofcourse makes me feel unsuccessful which ofcourse makes me even more sad which makes me want to not try.
But THAT is not ME....... I dont want to stop trying. I want to BE that amazingly wonderful person who is hiding out in my little pea brain just waiting to bust loose and scream "HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!"

So..........
Let's not even talk about what great things I want to accomplish in 2009.
Let's "FOCUS".

This year we are going to listen to a few "experts" and learn from them. We may add to the list during the year but here is the start:
Ali Edwards: -
Pick one word and live by it - My word for 2009 is "FOCUS"
Suze Orman: -
Let's face it - the lady knows her money and she tells it like it is.
Peter Walsh: -
I would probably be Peter's worst nightmare but we will work on that.
Oprah Winfrey: -
She has talked about so much on her show but let's "FOCUS" on one of her current subjects - Living your BEST LIFE......

So.......
You know me - I could go on and on but you may get completely bored - Wait.....
Do I see you nodding off???????
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!! I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!!!!!
So.........
Ali says pick a word so I'm going to "FOCUS"
Peter says live in the moment and not hold on to the clutter of the past.
Suze says a lot as long as your willing to listen and learn. Let's face it - Unless you are financially aware you are not going to be happy - I didn't say rich - I just said financially aware.....
Oprah says "Live your BEST LIFE" - I will try........
I WILL FOCUS ON LIVING MY BEST LIFE.

Happy New Year
:0)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is a fantastic focus and very nicely put together!! I have never made a New Year's resolution. I think I like your focus idea better. : )

Kristie W. said...

Great focus plan...will have to google the Peter guy, don't have a clue who he is!