I LOVE JIM KERR........... Q104.3 FM


So yesterday morning I'm listening to the radio on my crappy little clock radio. I seriously need to invest in a new radio because this one has a hard time picking up most stations. I usually listen to Classic Rock in the mornings to start my day - Led Zep, The Beatles, The Stones, The Doors, Skynyrd, etc.

Yesterday my crappy little radio was tuned to KTU Radio. Mind you, I do like KTU. Ofcourse I do. A few years ago my son won a PSP on KTU for telling a joke. My fiance won a couple of things for us like tickets to see Gumba Johnny and Speedy doing comedy, tickets to see Fiddler On the Roof on Broadway, tickets to see Mama Mia on Broadway. Hey - My friend won $103,000 plus a trip to Rome.......... So yeah, I like KTU but I also love my Classic Rock and I love to listen to Jim Kerr and Shelli Sonstein in the mornings because they have me cracking up with their humor. THEY are my idea of true classics because no matter how many years may go by, they will still be worth listening to (as well as some of the other DJ's on this station).


So anyway........

Yesterday I'm listening to KTU and who comes on the radio???????????
JIM KERR........ (Both stations are in the same building and Jim had ran down to KTU)

Now you know my little warped mind right???? My mind starts making up little jokes about how Jim probably knew that I was listening to another station and got mad so he had to go on the other station to let me know that he caught me. (Dont worry - I'm nuts enough to make up little stories in my little brain to get me through the day but it's not like I actually believe them).

After Jim finished on KTU he quickly ran back upstairs to Q104.3 to do his show and I quickly turned the dial on my crappy little radio to the Q.........

So I decided to send an E-mail to Jim telling him that I am sorry he caught me with another man. I am sorry he caught me listening to another channel. I promissed him I would go back to Q104.3 for my morning music and comedy and I asked him if he would please play a song for me.


Sure enough - This morning at 6:30 a.m. Jim was playing Lynyrd Skynyrds' "What's Your Name" and he said "I KNOW YOUR NAME MARIA YARASAVICH.............." and he played Billy Idol's "White Wedding".........


I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY...........

Jim Kerr knows my name (and he even pronounced it right which is a miracle in itself..... LOL)



Okay - What can I tell you.

Things like this make my day.

THANK YOU JIM!!!!!!!!!



p.s.............
UPDATE ON JIM KERR:
He added me as one of his "Friends" on Facebook...
:0)

.

3 comments:

missy j said...

Great post, too funny! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to find yours too.
The birdies??? hmmm, I'll give that some thought.
Have a happy weekend,
Missy

Jenni said...

This was too funny! Good for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.