Drinks anyone????????

I admit it - I've been feeling a tiny bit STRESSED lately.
Sometimes when you are stressed, you think to yourself: Hmmmm Maybe I should mix up a nice drink for myself.
Maybe a nice vodka and orange juice - Maybe a nice Chocolate Martini..........
Hey - You really don't even need to mix it yourself - Sometimes I like to just pick up a nice bottle of Van Gogh flavored vodka......... YUMMY!!!!!!!
But what I want to know is this:
Who in their right mind would think of mixing BACON with VODKA??????????????
Yup - You heard me........ There is actually "Bacon Flavored Vodka" and here is the recipe:


Fry three strips of bacon
Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or go hog wild and pile in a bunch of fried bacon scraps.
Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.
Fill the jar with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks.(No need to refrigerate.)
At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.
Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.


(If you dont believe that this is an actual recipe - just do a Search and see for yourself)

Yeah.........
My life is a bit stressful right now but if I ever get to the point where I start mixing up a batch of Bacon-tini's please just lock me up in a padded room somewhere and throw away the key.......


Cheers.........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right up there with the bacon flavored chocolate bars.
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars
My sister in law tricked us into eating one.

sally hanna said...

i'm a firm believer that pork fat rules and all, but i might be skipping that recipe.

T said...

I just barfed a little.

Linda said...

Hmmm...sounds interesting! I had to have a beer myself today. Hope you destress soon!