IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT GET YOU THROUGH

UGH............... What a horrible day I had. I'm seriously stressing at work. Nothing is going right. Do you ever feel like you're a little hampster on one of those wheels running as fast as you can and getting nowhere?????? Well, that's how I felt and I was feeling really, really upset.

Anyway..... Instead of working late I decided I'd better leave on time and go home.

Things then started picking up. Two great things:

1 - The Purple Monkey ice cream shop finally opened up. They've been "Coming Soon" for months and I even said to Bobby that I wish they were open and sure enough as we pulled into the parking lot to get our Subway sandwiches, there they were - The Purple Monkey was open for business.

We ofcourse had to go in - Not bad - Not bad at all........ Nothing like a little ice cream to start getting you out of a mood....... Especially when you get to have ice cream with the best kid in the whole world who is starting 10th grade tomorrow..........


2 - Look at the pretty card that Laura sent me....... I can always count on her to cheer me up. Enclosed in the card was a little blurb from a magazine that she cut out. It was about "Glamping":
If your idea of roughing it is basic cable, then Glamping - a blend of glamour and camping - is for you. When Glamping, you sleep in a luxurious tent with carpets, a fireplace, a TV, fine food, and other amenities. But the bugs aren't of a higher caliber.

LOL
Thanks Laura - I needed that - A gorgeous card and a good laugh can also help a girl start getting out of a bad mood.......

(If you want to check out Laura's Blog go here: http://sylscrapbooks.blogspot.com/ She is not only a great friend but a great talent so go check her out...........)

No comments: