JUST TAKING A LITTLE TIME TO RELAX...

Today is Sunday. I probably should be doing stuff around the house - cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. I probably should have gone out - There are sales everywhere, I should probably have gone to the grocery store. I probably should have gone to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Stamford (Bob is working setting up the barriers and then taking down the barriers for the parade) but it is so darn cold and I just dont want to go out. Even he came all the way home during his break because he would rather drive all the way home and all the way back then to be out in the cold.

So instead of doing all the stuff I should have been doing, I spent all morning browsing the internet - Mostly SIS because I am so darn addicted to that site.
So anyway......... I came across a post from a wonderful scrapper who uses the name "SCRAPBABY" but her real name is Norma.
She posted this very funny picture of this old lady and how she thought she had more patience now that she is older.........
This ofcourse had me cracking up and so I had to see what else Scrapbaby had in her gallery.
I then came across a layout she did of her coffee cup. A coffee cup that she went out and bought for $2 because at age 68, it was time that she had her very own coffee cup - One that was hers and hers only.
Somehow this layout touched me.............. It really made me think.........
I was sitting here reading about other peoples lives and seeing their pictures and here I was just about ready to let a moment slip away.............
What moment is that????????
Well, the moment where I get off my butt, go to my china cabinet, take out my Royal Daulton Old Country Roses coffee cup and pour my coffee out of the styrafoam cup that I had it in and poured it into my pretty cup........
This cup is from a set that my Mother bought me years ago....... It has been almost four years that she has been gone and I miss her so much. She knew I had fallen in love with this pattern years ago and she had bought me the set but it just sits there collecting dust.
So today - I took time to just relax. I had a few laughs, I had a few moments of reflection upon my life and my family as I read about others and their families. I sat and enjoyed my coffee from MY CUP that my Mother had bought me........
It has been a wonderful Sunday so far.

Okay - Now it's almost 2:00 p.m and I must get going.
The laundry still needs to be done.
Dinner still needs to be made.
Tomorrow is Monday and reality is not always kind.

But thank you Norma for letting me share a laugh and a cup of coffee with you..........

Hugs.........

:0)

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Great post Maria! I just love Norma and how cool that her layout touched you like that! Fabulous.

Laura H said...

Hugs to you, Maria. Days like that is what Sundays are all about. And think of all the money you saved by NOT going out. Sometimes you have to stop and smell the coffee.